If you require a visa to enter the United Kingdom, we would strongly encourage you to make early arrangements to apply as this takes a minimum of 15 working days (three weeks), and can take longer. You may also need to provide biometric data and relevant documentation to support your visit, including:

  1. A current and valid travel document or passport
  2. Evidence that you can support yourself during your trip, e.g. bank statements, payslips etc for the past 6 months
  3. Letters of invitation, sponsorship or notes verbale supporting your visit
  4. Previous passports (to show your previous travel history)
  5. Evidence of your marital status, eg a marriage certificate, a civil partnership certificate, a divorce certificate or a death certificate
  6. Evidence of your current employment or studies, including salary details

Full details, including the online application process, are available at UK Visas and immigration. A guide to the types of documents that visa officers find helpful is also available.

Please note EU Schengen visa arrangements do not apply to the UK. You will need a separate visa for entry to the UK.


Visa support letter

A visa support letter can be provided by the Green Party of England and Wales as Congress hosts, but this does not guarantee the issuance of a visa.

To provide you with a visa support letter we will need your full name as it appears on your passport, your date of birth and your passport number.

To request a visa support letter, you must submit this form:

Or, for any other queries, please email:  Ms. Louisa Greenbaum, Conferences and Events Co-ordinator, Green Party of England and Wales,

EGP Delegates who also go to the Council in Glasgow, please send an email to Anna Yeliseyeva ( We can try to arrange one visa for both events. 

Congress organisers


Arena and Convention Centre Liverpool
Kings Dock, Liverpool L3 4FP, United Kingdom

About Us


30 March - 2 April 2017

Stay Connected on:


For information on the congress, please contact us at: